Cranky about my initial 'no' and needing distraction form her impending eye patching session...I decided I could pimp this recipe to make it healthier. I'm sure this has been done loads, but I thought I'd share what I did because it went down really well with us all and was dead easy :-)
- 2 cups puffed Rice (or rice bubbles)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of Chia seeds
- 2 tbs of shredded coconut
- 3 tbs of organic cacao powder
- 2 -3 tbs agave nectar
- Put the oil in a large mixing bowl and melt for 30 secs in the microwave until soft. (or on the stove in a pot)
- Whilst thats happening pop the chia and coconut in a mortar and pestle and bash it for a bit to get the goodness out of the chia.
- Whack All the dry ingredients in with the oil and mix well...as demonstrated by Tessa :-)
- Drizzle in the agave nectar and mix again.
- Taste and add a bit more if needed. (less is needed if using rice bubbles as they already have sugar in them)
- Pop into patty pans or press into a slice pan lined with baking paper. Pop in the fridge for a few hours (if you can wait that long)
These are great as lunch box treats, for parties or snacks.
Above all they are a fun thing to do with a strong-willed 4 year old at 8 am in the morning.
I assure you we changed spoon straight after this taste test :-)